- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup Marsala
- 3/4 cup rich chicken stock or low-sodium stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon, plus 6-8 sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- noodles or rice
Mise en Plas" (Fancy French cooking term for prep). I basically sliced up some mushrooms and shallots and a 1/4 onion. The mushrooms and onions is not in Cat Cora's recipe but I had a leftover 1/4 onion I wanted to get rid of - and mushrooms is traditional in Stroganoff. I rip the leaves off some fresh tarragon and gave it a rough chop.
deglaze the fond on the bottom of the pan. Then pour in your chicken stock and reduce for a few minutes.